Thursday, April 26, 2007

Irondream Come True!

Well, I'm still grinning from ear to ear four days after learning that I won a lottery slot into IM Hawaii. I never dreamed that this would happen and, needless to say, I am so very excited.

It is now time to ramp up my training. I've been recovering from a lengthy bout of what I call the plague. I was so sick this year I didn't think I would ever recover. I can finally talk now without feeling like my throat is going to close up, so I guess I am on the mend. One of the good things about this illness is that I finally got my thyroid level really checked and as suspected it is low. I've been on meds for two weeks now and I'm starting to realize what I've been missing. I'm fairly confident that I've forgotten what it feels like to NOT be tired.

Student teaching ends tomorrow, and my classes at the Technical College will finish in two weeks. I'm really ready for this semester to be over. I've enjoyed the time with my students, but I've also tried to do too much this semester and it has taken its toll on my body. I'm awfully close to burn out, so it will be nice to have some time to myself for a bit. Oh yeah -- I guess that will all go towards IM training, but at least I can classify that as "me" time.

I have a short 30 minute run planned for this evening. I'll have to squeeze it in between my classes finishing at 5:30 and a meeting at 6:30. Dinner in the car and wet hair at the meeting again. Ah, the life of an Ironman. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: