Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Heart of the Lakes Tri

Swim 21:08 (880 yard swim)
T1 2:34
Bike 1:11:49 (21.3 mile bike)
T2 2:53 (stopped to go to the bathroom, too!)
Run 51:02 (5.3 mile run)
Total: 2:29:25

I finally completed my first tri of the year. I missed the other two I signed up for because of family things, so it was nice to finally compete again -- although I was unusually nervous for this one. I couldn't seem to remember how to lay out my transition area.

So, I'm fairly happy with my time. I wanted to go under 2:30, which I did, by 35 seconds. I was very disappointed with my swim time, which was over 2 minutes slower than last year. I would think that with all the swimming that I've done this summer, my time would have either stayed the same (I didn't wear a wetsuit this year) or only gone up a little. I got jostled around alot and couldn't seem to break free from the group. I got kicked so hard in the wrist that I almost threw up, so I'm sure that took something out of me. Good IM practice, I guess!

The bike was fine -- a little faster than last year on a hillier course. I felt really good coming off the bike and was able to run all of the run at a good (for me) pace. I was really surprised how good my legs felt on the run. I'm not a great runner and have been plagued with injuries for the past 3 years, so it was great to have such an awesome run during a race.

Pictures coming soon, I hope!

No comments: