Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moms shouldn't climb trees

I know that now.

But on Easter Sunday, bouyed by a sassy new haircut and beautiful 60 degree weather, I climbed anyway. It might also have something to do with the words my twins used to describe me -- "MIDDLE-AGED".

Them's fighting words to me. So climb I did. My first attempt -- oh so very sucessful.







My second attempt . . . successful once again. Note that I am HIGHER than Caleb.

The problem is that while I can actually climb trees with the best of them, I don't do so well going down. I slipped on the way down and fell -- much to the delight of my entire family who was watching.

Now I'm in a brace from thigh to ankle, eating pain killers like they are candy, and using crutches. I also got to spend some quality time alone during my MRI.

I go to the doctor this week to find out what's next.

It hurts for this mom to climb to trees.

But you can bet that once this injury heals I'll be up there again!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Hang in there crazy lady, that sounds like a killer!!!