Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do Over or Finish What you Started?

I've debated whether to start over or to just continue what I have started. In the end, I realized that what came before is just as important as what is ahead, so I'm going to continue my blog from where it left off. Many holes exist in this blog, and perhaps overtime I will go back and examine some of the topics I've brought up but never fully explored.

Life has been changing for me faster than I ever dreamed possible. I feel (and I hope act) like a very different person than I felt (and acted) just a few months ago. These changes are the result of many years of prayer, some incredible relationships that God has given me, and some plain old hard work on my part. I'm finally growing up and I must say that while some days I think being an adult sucks, for the most part I really like living in the land of adults!

Today is the first day of a faith experiment that my friend Marcia and I will be doing. It is based off a book / concept called Surprise Me. At the start of each day, we will ask God to Surprise us. At the end of each day, we will look for where he has done just that. I am approaching this with a great deal of excitement and a little bit of fear. I've actually seen God's hand more at work in my life over the past three weeks than perhaps every before. I long to be able to continue to see him in the gifts of thunderstorms, long and windy bike rides, conversations with with friends, divine calls to prayer, random e-mails from old and half forgotten friends, and strange longings to buy a book that I thought I had no purpose for (wait till you hear this story!)

I'm back to writing regularly (thanks to Jean), and I believe that I now have the courage to also write publically. So . . . I'm finishing what I started, changing some things, and writing about the absolutely amazing things that God is doing in the world around me.

No comments: