Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rachel and Elizabeth


I had the awesome experience of being at the birth of my neice, Elizabeth Joy. She was born during a really dark period of my life when most of my days were filled with anxiety. I spent weeks with uncontrollable shaking. Elizabeth's birth was a like a breath of fresh air breathed in my life. I remember driving away from the hospital at 2 am just knowing that life was going to be okay. I didn't know how I would get better, but I knew that it had to for this precious new person in my life. There was someone new in the world and I had been able to be there when she took her first breath.
And life has gotten better. Much better than I had ever dreamed. I'd often looked at choices I've made in my life and wished for an opportunity to "do over." And now I feel like I've been given that chance. Nothing in my circumstances has really changed. What has changed is my connectedness with God. I'm learning to see the various aspects of my life as being a part of God's continued work in my life. He has been here all along and will continue to be active in my daily life. This experience of doing "Surprise Me God" has also enabled me to see God's hand in the past seven years. I've discovered a number of things that make me feel incredibly blessed.

No comments: