Monday, May 7, 2007

The Wind is my Friend

It's been a windy weekend. And I spent a lot of time on my bike. I decided this weekend to make friends with the wind, as it has been my nemesis for the past four years. I used to look at the weather reports and then plan my workouts around the wind -- avoiding the wind like the plague.

Now that I've decided to make my peace, I've thought of many great things about the wind.

1. When its in my face, it makes me stronger.
2. When it is to my back, it gives me a push and lets me feel what it feels like to go 26mph on the flats.
3. When it is a cross-breeze, it forces me to practice good bike handling skills.
4. And overall, it just makes me mentally tougher.

So, life is still good. My presentations in St. Paul went really well, and I got to reconnect with some friends at the conference. I realized, once again, how fortunate I am to have had the experience of going back to school in my 30s. I've met some awesome people and had some incredible experiences. And I've learned that I am good at some things.

Well, that's all for now. I need to read papers like crazy, as this is finals week and grades are due Friday. I finished My Sister's Keeper this weekend and will probably talk about that more later this week. I'll be back soon.

No comments: