Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Don't give the Devil a Ride

I love this quote from Anne LaMott (found in Grace Eventually)
"I prayed for God to help me find a way out, and what I heard was, 'Call a friend.' But something edgier was speaking more loudly, and I pricked up my ears at the sound, even though an old man at church once told me never to give the devil a ride. Because if he likes the ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive."

I need to call more friends, more often. They are often the way of escape for me. Hiding is the devil's business. I don't want to be in business with him. He likes to take over the business just as much as he likes to drive.

1 comment:

Melissa Everts said...

I love this quote and I agree with your statement. It is so vital and important that we have friends around us that we can talk to and share life with so we do not get consumed by the Devil and his weapons of mass destruction. Thanks for sharing this quote. And Thank You for being one of my friends I know I can call.