Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wednesday's Surprise


Yesterday I came home from an afternoon of running around town to find a bag tied to my back door. I love surprises like this. In the bag was a note and a present -- and I had NO idea who it was from. Until I read the card. I was so surprised that Marilyn had given me a book, and even more surprised to find that it was this one. About a month ago I picked up Renovation of the Heart and eventually put it down as I had other pressing things to read. What a special surprise from God this was. And it came on a day when I most needed it. I didn't know it at the time, but I was heading for a big crash later in the evening.
I had a very difficult evening and am still dealing with the ramifications of what happened last night. But as I reflect on my day yesterday I have to remember that God was there, and that in preparation for the later events he made it clear that he was still going to surprise me in big ways. I'm struggling today, but I'm also making the choice to remember what God has done and what he is currently doing in my life today.

No comments: